Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Interrogation ll

Interrogation ll

Let’s resume shall we Professor, or is it Grubner? Perhaps I should call you Doctor Langerhans? Sometimes you like that.

Don’t waist your time trying to trick me Agent Perkins, I’m on to those deceptions.

All right. It’s Garbo we want to deal with today. Forget names other than Garbo. The argument remember? He was your friend and there was an argument. The wound, the 911 call, the hospital, the trial, and what happened after.

That’s what we have to focus on. Try to remember!

It was Grubner who sent me in to face the enemy. I said it before in the courtroom in front of that idiot Judge. I wouldn’t have gone if he let me stay. He let the others stay, but me he sent to face him.

Who was the enemy? Who was it that you were sent to face? Was it Garbo? Think man, think. Everything depends on your recollection.

Grubner begged me for the sake of the agency to stop him from telling what he knew about Perugino and Raphael and the rest. The whole movement was in my hands. Sfortza and the Venetians could have taken over and it lwould have been the end to our cause. Don’t you see? I couldn’t let the weapon fall into their hands. Not now! Damn you! not now that Brunelleschi had come up with the solution to the Dome. Don’t you fucking see? It could be built. I had to stop him.